The Preparing for Your Future as a Nurse programme was developed for 2nd and 3rd year student nurses as they transition into their first post as a registered nurse and through the early stages of their nursing career, in different settings.
Created by the HEE south east RePAIR team, the programme aims to increase students’ awareness of the transition into employment in the NHS and increase their confidence in taking that step. Including videos on 8 topics and linking to external resources, which can be accessed as needed, students can expect information on:
- Preparing for your new role
- Searching and applying for your new role
- What to expect when you start
- Induction and preceptorship
- How to get support in your new profession
- Making the most of the early stages of your career
- Hear from newly qualified nurses and experts
The Preparing for Your Future as a Nurse programme is available on the Learning Hub now. To access it, anyone with an NHS email address or university email address can register on the Learning Hub or login with their elfh Hub details. Visit the Preparing for Your Future as a Nurse programme for further information.
If you would like to leave feedback on the programme, please visit the evaluation form.